Back to Article
Back to Article

Rapper Juice WRLD dies unexpectedly

Juice WRLD was a rising star in the rap community, his fanbase has become massive.

Photo by: Flickr

Photo by: Flickr

Photo by: Flickr

Rapper Juice WRLD dies unexpectedly

December 14, 2019

On December 8, 2019, the world was saddened with the news of rapper, Juice WRLD’s (age 21) sudden death. Rapper Juice WRLD, real name Jarad Higgins, landed at Chicago’s Midway International Airport and was soon rushed to the hospital due to a sudden medical emergency. He was pronounced dead at the hospital. The cause of death is still unknown but is rumored to be both a seizure and a heart attack.

Higgins first rose to fame with songs “All Girls Are the Same” and “Lucid Dreams”. He started his career on popular music platform, SoundCloud, under the name “JuicetheKidd.” He later changed his name to “Juice WRLD” and signed with the ‘Internet Money’ collective. 

It is very well-known that Higgins struggled with drug addiction throughout his life. He used his music to express his struggle and to help others know that they’re not alone. His mother, Carmella Wallace, hopes that her son’s music will help those who also struggle with drug addiction. 

Higgins’ career was just taking off, and everything was looking good. This death has shocked the world. Higgins, Juice WRLD, has left his mark, and he will be greatly missed by many.