Tucker Snider

Featured Teacher

Tucker+Snider

Lesley Altheuser, Staff Reporter

Q: Why do you like teaching?
A: Teaching gives me an opportunity to share the very best elements of my subject with others; my content area is one that demands interaction with other minds.
Literature, reading, writing – these make us human, and the sharing of them grows us as people.

Q: What did you want to be when you were a teenager?
A: A lot of things. I knew for sure that the realm of ideas was where it was at though. Whatever I chose to do for a living, my path needed to be one where I could find an epiphany. That meant both reading a great deal AND getting out there and having some experiences.

Q: Who influenced you to become a teacher?
A: A long string of teachers and mentors. They are everywhere, and they tend to be there for you when you need them to help you with your next stage. Teachers are not just people who work in schools; they are aunts, uncles, friends. You, yourself, might find you are a mentor to another.

Q: What are your daily challenges?
A: The job has some noble challenges inherent to it, and those are gratifying. I want to bring the best opportunities my content offers to open up new views to my students.

Q: What have you accomplished this year?
A: There are the expected accomplishments and little victories with students. Every year – every day, really – is an opportunity to improve as a teacher and as a person. This job offers endless possibilities to reflect and improve at teaching, learning, and just being a better human.