Head to Head: Should you date in high school? Yes, it’s totally worth it!

Blakelee Sutton, Co-Editor-In-Chief

Ah, love. It’s a tricky business to get into, especially in high school. It can introduce a multitude of things into a person’s life and may even overwhelm them at points.

Even still, dating in high school introduces so many positive things that completely overshadow the problems that follow with it. Not only does it give you a person that you can trust and confide your feelings in, but it also provides a fun way to enjoy your youthful and joyous years in high school.

Dating a person that you have strong romantic feelings for can provide you with a loving and caring person to talk about yourself, your hobbies, worries, hopes, dreams, wishes and troubles. You can relate with someone else over the things that the both of you enjoy and makes you appreciate those things even more.

This person can also reassure you when you’re feeling down or need comfort and guidance. You also gain the opportunity to help your partner out when they need it, allowing you to truly make a difference in the life of someone you care deeply for. The best relationships are built on the foundation of having trust in each other and the chance to communicate with each other, and it makes the lives of both people better and more enjoyable.

Dating doesn’t only boost both people emotionally, it’s also a lot of fun! Going on a variety of different kinds of dates can be a great way to relieve stress and enjoy yourself with the company of someone you greatly enjoy being around.

So, I believe that dating can be a great decision for high schoolers. The experience overcomes any negative aspects and provides memories that you’ll cherish forever. It’s been a wonderful experience for me personally and I think it could be for you too.