JCHS holds a beauty contest for the guys

The crowned champion protects himself from the rays in the swimsuit portion of the contest.

Photo by: Salem Sanfilippo Solindas

Sidney Johnson, Staff Reporter

Do you like constantly laughing? Or how about sitting on the edge of your seat, eager to know what is going to happen next? Then Mr. JC is the event for you. This year, with around 20 contestants, was one of the funniest yet. Each club or sports team representative starts off with an entrance into the room with their two escorts. Then the night moves into the swimsuit portion. During the swimsuit portion of the event, there are activities the groups play. Since there were so many clubs that signed up, the swimsuit portion was broken up into three separate games. After this, was the talent portion each contestant displayed a talent for around a minute and 30 seconds depending on what their talent was. Then, the eveningwear portion came. The contestants dressed in their best attire and answered a few questions from the host, Mr. Gillam. After this came the crowning portion. There were three judges from the University of Missouri. The second runner up was Josh Sabala, the first runner up was Cole Biesemeyer, and Mr. JC was Kyle Highfill, Mr. Tennis. Overall, this event had me at a non-stop laugh and came with many unexpected surprises. I strongly advise people to go and enjoy the show next year.