In a class by herself

Emily Rush, Staff Reporter

Jefferson City High School’s dance team, JC Fusion, has a total of 13 girls, but only one is a senior.

“Being the only senior on the dance team is exciting but at the same time it is sad because I don’t have anyone on the team to experience all the fun senior things with,” senior Hannah Lindsey said.

Lindsey has danced for 7 years, and of those years, she has danced at JC for 4. She has also been on the team since she was a freshman. Lindsey’s favorite thing about dancing for JC Fusion is performing with her friends. For some people, Graduating and leaving your high school friends can be hard, but it is especially hard when you are involved in an activity that requires you to be with the same group of people very frequently.

“I’ve grown really close with my teammates and coach,” Lindsey said. “We have been through a lot of tough times together and i’m sad to leave those memories behind.”

She plans to further her education at either Missouri State in Springfield or Mizzou. If she ends up attending MSU she will not dance in college.

Junior Shelby Tucker is one of Lindsey’s fellow teammates. Tucker has danced for 13 years. She participated on the JC dance team her sophomore and junior year, and she plans on dancing as a senior also.

One of Tucker’s favorite things about dancing for JC Fusion is the friendships that she has made over the years. Sophomore Stevie Buckley has also danced with Lindsey in the past – they danced at the same studio for 4 years, and they have been in the same classes for about 3 years now. Buckley has danced for about 12 years, ever since she was 3 years old.

“Hannah and I have danced together for many years before JC and this year it will be like an older sister is leaving.” Buckley said.

When Lindsey graduates, The JCHS dance team will most likely be affected heavily because they are such a close dance family.

“The saddest part about seeing Hannah leave after this year is that I’ve known her for so long and she’s really been a role model in dance and in life.” Tucker said.