Jays at the scrimmage line waiting for their next play

Photo by: Brooklynne Propes

Photo by: Brooklynne Propes

Football Update

October 11, 2016

The Jefferson City Jays are definitely having a season for the books. The Jays are now 5-1, but it’s not just the record  that is outstanding this season. The bond among these teammates is unbreakable and a huge part of why their season has been successful so far. With the support of the entire school and the coaches that sacrifice just as much as the athletes, there are high hopes that the team will make it to state this year.

“This team has chemistry and that’s going to get them a long way this season,” offensive coordinator and quarterback Coach Briggs said.              

As the season continues, the team reflects on the previous games and discuss how to progress and move forward. On the fourth game of the year, the Jays lost to the Har- Ber Wildcats in Springdale, Arkansas. The Jays started off strong, but after some simple mistakes the team lost their

“We weren’t playing like Jays and should not have let the other team get the best of us,” defensive end Van Johnson said.

Every team has their moments, and the Jays are focusing on getting better for the next upcoming games.

“Our main goal right now is to focus on the fundamentals and get assignments done,” offensive linemen Kyle Mealy said. The football team plans on practicing more and working harder at practice to prepare for the remainder of the season. The team’s biggest goal is to make it to state and they have a long road ahead of this to achieve this.

“We have to progress every week, we have to continue to get better, because every team gets better further in the season,” Briggs said.

As the regular season is quickly coming to an end, the pressure is really on for the Jays.  With great support from the student body, hard work from the athletes, and the amazing coaches at JCHS, the entire community is ready to cheer on the Jays to state.

Red & Black • Copyright 2017 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in