Painted rocks group spreads JC love

Back to Article
Back to Article

Painted rocks group spreads JC love

Photo by: Gillian Burks

Photo by: Gillian Burks

Photo by: Gillian Burks

Gillian Burks, Features Editor

Over the summer a new trend swept over Jefferson City, and it really rocked! Although there are multiple “rocks” groups, Jefferson City’s, founded by Charity Blair, is one of the largest, having hit over 12,000 followers in just over two months. Originally from Lebanon, she was invited to join their “rocks” group. After seeing the movement’s posts, she was inspired to start a group for Jefferson City.

“The goal was to spread love and inspiration through rock art,” Blair said. “My hope was for our community to come together, help each other out, support each other, inspire each other, and put a little color throughout our city while being able to express ourselves through art.”

Blair’s goal was most definitely reached. The rocks are placed all over town for anyone to find. With inspirational messages or heartwarming art painted on them, they are sure to make someone’s day. Anyone can spread the love, and even some businesses have taken part in the rocks. For example, The Snob Shop Exchange painted two rocks with 30% discounts if you brought them in for your next purchase.

“My favorite part of JC Rocks is that it brings the community together to do a positive thing and that the simplest

thing as a painted rock can make someone’s day,” senior and member of the JC Rocks Facebook group Alexis Gann said.

Booming in the course of two months, the JC Rocks group has brought the community together in light-hearted fun, creating a way to get involved in getting outside, being creative, and showing love to fellow Jefferson City residents.

Join the fun of on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/204374616628010/